I've been tagged (thanks Katie!). Here are the rules:
A. List 7 habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B. Tag 7 people to do the same.
C. Do not tag the person who tagged you or say that you tag whoever wants to do it.
- People saying they'll do things and then NOT doing them really irks me. It's probably my number one pet peeve. Just say, "Sorry, I can't" or "That won't really work for me" or "I don't want to". Any of these options are better than lying.
- I have absolutely no problem eating an entire package of Oreos. Not just a skimpy tube from the CostCo box, I'm talking the real deal here. The entire $2.50 slash 2 for $5 package of Oreos. The trick is running them under water as you eat them a'la my Dad. To be honest, I haven't done this lately due to my pregnancy and desperate fear of heart burn, but UNknocked up--no problem!
- I may appear "crafty" to the untrained eye. I do sew, bake, cook, embroider, knit, and I'm working on canning) but I DO NOT SCRAPBOOK! I don't like it or any other "craft" involving paper such as making cards or stamping or anything of the like. I'd say I hate it, but my Mom taught me to try not to use that word. (I hope I didn't offend anyone, that is not my intention. You can scrapbook, just please don't ask me to participate.)
- I currently have a baby product obsession. Which stems from my much larger "quirk" of retaining everything I read (it's both a blessing and curse). I know WAY too much about strollers and car seats and cribs and...you get the idea. The multitude of options and information is starting to stress me out. This is what happens when you combine nesting and a know-it-all.
- Giving birth again petrifies me. I am definitely more scared the second time around. Each day a silent little part of me prays that this kid will be breach and I will have to have a c-section, thus avoiding having to make the choice between an early induction or c-section myself. I have NOT forgotten the pain of giving birth. Sometimes I think my doctor is listening to an ipod or something when I talk to her, like she doesn't "get it". Sorry to scare any of you are yet to give birth (Kassey). Just remember two things: 4th degree tears are very rare and to never let anyone take your pain medication away. Do this and you'll be fine. I hope.
- I almost never read a book unless the author is dead. I think doing this saves me from reading a lot of junk.
- I'm not sure if this counts, but for some reason people seem really surprised when they find out. I don't let Mack watch TV (even though I'm practically counting the minutes until The Office premier tonight), and I'm kinda a stickler about it. Also, he will not be attending preschool outside the home, and I NEVER let him have candy (even though I consider chocolate practically the most important meal of the day).